In THIS ARTICLE, I was talking about how skeptical I am about everything that the media is saying about the war in Ukraine – back then, a “war”.
[ Before I continue questioning the transparency of US media – and media in general – please allow me to take a moment and mention that regardless what is really happening, the ones paying the cost are the civilians. Having gone through a war when I was 5 y.o., I still have vivid memories from those days. The mothers, the fathers, the children – these are the people paying the cost of god knows what. And this aspect needs to be kept alive in our memories: the reality of what it feels like to be a civilian in a country struck by wars. Those who have not tasted combat as a civilian, on the ground, cannot understand the fear and the trauma war creates. The families that have never been broken by war will never understand what a little 5 y.o. girl feels when her dad – her hero – is released from prison (where he ended purely based on political reasons) – and comes home BROKEN in his body by socialist’s sophisticated physical torture. The mind can be strong and resilient – the body has limitations. So to all those caught up in the middle of these political games and who pay the price – I am SO SORRY you are going through this. I am praying for your safety, for food and shelter and hope. ]
As most of you have already noticed, I am not the kind that offers too many answers. I am the one who rather asks questions and questions everything that it is said; because I know who is saying it.
So here are a few questions that I have. I hope your curiosity will rise as you read these questions.
The whole thing going on in Ukraine is very strange to me, for multiple reasons, which I have expanded on in these two articles HERE and HERE. I will review these reasons here, briefly:
1. Romania is relaxed. Still.
Romania is my home country. Romania had been relaxed – both military and socially – throughout the entire episode so far. Ukraine is neighboring Romania on a roughly 20% of the Romaian border. One would think that the Romanian Ministry of National Defense would be a tad more on the edge, given the situation. So what does the Romanian Ministry of National Defense know that we don’t?
2. Europe is Russia’s golden goose and Russia is Europe’s energy house.
As much as the West and East hate each other, they also love having each other around. The geo-political relationship between these two forces is way more complicated and refined than meets the eye. A hot Third War has the potential to be so catastrophically damaging; it could wipe off the entire population. I can’t imagine either side of the world actually wanting that.
3. Ukraine is speaking out of both sides of her mouth.
Ukraine has never sworn loyalty to any sides. Brave statements are being uttered both towards the West and the East, but historically speaking Ukraine never took a firm stand. It sometimes appeared to take firm stands, but it never did. American bio-labs are sprinkled across Ukraine, and Russian troops have been allowed (and in some areas even welcomed) on the Ukrainian territory. Furthermore, Ukraine actually cannot take firm stands with either one of the powers. The second when it does that, it becomes automatically an enemy to the other side. That is a really high risk move, provided Ukraine’s location. Furthermore, both the West and the East actually want Ukraine to AVOID taking a strong side. Which brings us to the next point…
4. Russia and the West actually WANT and NEED “buffer countries”.
Most small countries that are bordering Russia on one side and the West on the other side, are actually offering a very much needed buffer zone between the forces. Countries like Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Ukraine, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, these are countries that historically speaking have been forming a very strong natural barrier between the West and the East. They are known as the “buffer strip”, or “buffer countries”. Also historically speaking, the West and the East have fought their wars on our lands, rather on their own lands. Also historically speaking, when one of the forces becomes more powerful, they NEED to have a buffer strip so if / when their political power over-spills, it does so on smaller countries, rather than straight in the enemy’s back-yard. These “no man’s land” countries are NEEDED as independent countries, both by the West and the East. Neither side truly wants to assume responsibility for them, because they are way more useful to everyone as single and independent countries – although history proves that both the West and the East wanted to have the perks of controlling these areas without taking responsibility for them.
5. The Russian population is just as much in the dark as the rest of the world.
Over the past week, more than 2,000 arrests have been made in Russia. The Russian population is just as much in the dark about the scope, intent and desires of their leaders as the rest of the world. Everyone who comes out in the streets and demands explanations is very likely to be arrested. This operation, whatever it is, is hidden not only from American and Ukrainian Civilians, but also from Russian Civilians. The question begs to be asked: why?
6. Russia’s classic war strategy and protocols (which historically speaking have been proven again and again to be successful) have not been followed in this particular case – for the first time in Russia’s LOOOOOONG history. Russia’s attack strategy always included sending out scouts to figure out where the other army’s troops are camped, and to attack very precisely and at the right spot, in the opportune moment. This is not what is happening in this case. It seems more like Russia couldn’t care less about where the Ukrainian troops are. They have attacked some VERY specific spots. Precisely, they have attacked the American Bio-Labs, built on the Ukrainian territory – some of which happen to be in the proximity of Ukrainian military bases. Surprise-Surprise! Yes, America had sprinkled Ukraine with Bio-Labs, similar to the one in Wuhan, where our dear pet-virus was released / broke out from.
To thicken the plot, here are a few of my questions:
1. Why is the global media not talking about the US bio-labs on Ukrainian territory?
Why are we not talking about this especially since the Russian (or maybe I should say, “Russian” attacks) just so happen to be happening exclusively in Ukraine in the US bio-lab areas? (Surprised?)
2. Are we *absolutely positive* that the one bombing these labs are the Russians?
Per the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, the US Department of Defense’s Biological Threat Reduction Program has been working with “partner countries” to “to counter the threat of outbreaks (deliberate, accidental, or natural) of the world’s most dangerous infectious diseases.”, per the U.S. Gov’t.
From what I can gather, these labs are for “research and defense” and the US has several such labs in Ukraine under its “Biological Threat Reduction Program”. Looking at the map of attacks, it is hard not to notice a “coincidence” between the location of these labs and the areas of attack.
After the COVID global episode, I question if it really is a big problem for anyone if these Bio-labs are being destroyed? These labs *might* just be like that no-market-value old wooden shed that just so happens to catch on fire in your back yard while you just so happen to be in the process of building a new one, and the money you get from the insurance company just so happen to be the right amount and at the right timing for the new shed to be finished. Funny how that works sometimes, without anyone planning anything.
I seriously question if it’s the Russians bombarding; maybe this is a war that transcends nationality, and maybe it has more to do with multiple nations covering some incriminatory traces. And I’m not saying this is not purely a “Russia against the world” episode; as unlikely as it seems, it might be the case. But what if it’s not? Because it is not obvious to me that Russia is the one – or rather, the only one – wanting some areas in Ukraine to be destroyed.
3. Last but not least – if Russia is indeed the one bombing Ukraine: What if Russia would build about 10 Bilo-labs in Canada, on the border with America and another 10 in Mexico on the border line the US? How many Americans would have a few questions to ask and would be slightly uncomfortable with the idea of Russians boiling their virus porridge in America’s back yard? I think quite a few! I can’t imagine any US president being too thrilled at the idea of such a concoction being developed right by the borders. In fact, the world is not too thrilled about the rumors regarding Russia developing chemical weapons. The Russians made massive efforts to keep these allegations as allegations only, and as of yet, according to my knowledge, nothing has been proven yet.
The Russian government has also been speaking for a while now about their concerns regarding the American Bio-labs right by their border. Even back in 2015, the word in the wine is that the Russian Embassy in the U.K. was claiming that the number of U.S. controlled Bio weapon labs around Russia grew 20 times. Russia has openly accused the US and Ukraine in media, of developing bio-weapons close to its borders. For details, read this article HERE.
The second very important aspect to keep in mind is that the Russian government has been very vocal in objecting against the US and its allies increasing their geo-political power by accepting the “buffer countries” in NATO – which in itself is a very threatening move towards Russia, as discussed above, for multiple and very complex reasons. The “buffer countries” area in East Europe became a little bit more stable as late as 1600-1700, although other European countries that were further from Russia were already gaining serious stability by the 1200s. The “buffer strip” was always invaded either by the Turks / Balkans, or by the Slavic power, or by the West. Romanian history up to 1600 is a mix of almost yearly wars and broken kingdoms on the territory that is now known as Romania. All these wars happened because each one of the main forces active in that part of the world wanted a piece of Romania’s territory. The frequency of wars only subsided when the great forces understood that they actually NEED the “buffer countries”. If NATO forgets this and tries to gain control over the countries in that area, that is in itself a very serious threat to Russia. There is no written treaty between Russia and the West, but there is certainly a non-written rule that as long as the buffer strip is in place, everyone can live in peace. Any attempt to annexing that strip to either one of the forces (be it done commercially, politically or economically) is like a broken armistice. It is just not wise.
So if it is Russia indeed bombarding Ukraine, I can see their point. It doesn’t mean that I agree with it, but I understand how they can justify their attacks. The buffer strip should definitely stay un-annexed, and there is no reason for Russia to experiment with chemical weapons or for the US to build Bio-labs by the Russian borders. All these actions are “asking” for a war.
I would like to leave you with a few thoughts:
1. We actually don’t know what is going on – yet again.
We only know what we’re being told, and just because we’re being told something, it doesn’t mean that it is true. It never happened in the history of the world that we really knew the real reason why any war started. Assuming that we do now is, at its best, lazy, and at its worst, plain stupid.
2. It is particularly dangerous to have such a centralized power that if the leaders decide to go to war, their people have no way of knowing why they go to war or opposing to war. I personally hate that this happened over and over again in the history of the world. One would think that we’re creatures who learn; I am not sure about that one either anymore.
3. Watch. Your. Thoughts. It might seem like a very random point, but just think about it: the German leaders convinced their people that the Jews are the root of all the issues in the world. If what you hear in media and what you hear on TV has the capacity to make you take sides without you even truthfully knowing what is going on at the Ukrainian border, you are just as easily controllable as the German nation was during the Nazi rule. You would be one of those inflicting pain over the Jews, not one of the victims. Be VERY careful with your thoughts. What happens in Ukraine matters, but WHY it happens matters just as much. If you believe for just one second that the media will ever tell the truth, you really are hopelessly naïve. It is in no one’s interest that you know the truth. And finding the truth is – funny enough – your responsibility. Rejecting being fed lies is your responsibility as well.
The tragic end of a nation formed by people who trust mass media and act based on mass-media’s message can hardly be overstated. Both the left and the right in the US are guilty of trusting media. Don’t think for one second that only the “other camp” does propaganda. No. Both the left and the right have an agenda (actually, the SAME agenda!) and lead the people like cattle. Your side, whichever it is, is not wearing the white hat while the other side wears the black hat. No. Both sides are wearing the black hat.
America’s first step towards stopping the great divide between its people will come when everyone will unplug their TV’s and will go outside to meet their neighbors.
And if you think it’s too dramatic to assume that we’re only being lied to in mass media, and you think about asking: “Why would they lie to us?” – let me suggest that you are asking the wrong question. The real question is, “Why would anyone tell us the truth?”